Sadly, there is no magic way to lose fat quickly. Despite the countless advertisements and commercials, no pill or diet plan will guarantee 20 pounds of weight loss in a month. In order to have healthy, sustainable weight loss, you need to eat correctly and exercise often. However, that doesn’t mean that there aren’t healthy tips to help you lose fat in a month. These tips fall into two categories:
- Exercise Tips
- Nutrition Tips
Burning Fat through Exercise
The best way to create a caloric deficit, and lose weight, is to increase the amount of calories you burn while also decreasing the amount of calories you eat.
- First, increase the amount of cardio you do on a daily basis. Cardio is one of the fastest ways to burn calories and fat. Some easy cardio exercises to do are running, biking, swimming, boxing, and dancing. You can also look into doing high intensity training if you want to up the calories you burn, while spending less time working out.
- Second, look into weight training. While you can do cardio exercises every day if desired, you should not do weight training exercises every day. Your muscles need time to cool down, or they can be injured or strained. You should aim to do weight training at least 3 times a week, but no more than 5 times a week.
- Lastly, you should be realistic about your exercise regime. If you are in poor shape, you shouldn’t work out for extended periods of time. By overextending your muscle, and the limits of your body, you can seriously injure yourself. Instead, try to exercise in quick bursts. Take 10 minute walks, start taking the stairs at work, or wash the car by hand. All of these will get you burning calories, without pushing your body to its limits.
Losing Weight through Food
You can lose weight while still eating food that is bad for you, but your weight loss will not be as significant. By changing the kinds of food that you eat, you can lose more fat in a month.
- First, you should incorporate as many fat burning foods into your diet as possible, like fish and apples. Fish that are high in omega-3s help to increase the amount of leptin in your body. Leptin helps you feel full, and increases your metabolism. And, it turns out that an apple a day really does keep the doctor at bay! Apples are rich in pectin, which helps reduce the amount of fat your body absorbs from food.
- Secondly, you can drink away your weight! Drinking more water can help reduce your appetite, and helps you feel full. You can also drink green tea, which helps boost your metabolism. You should try and cut out soda and alcohol when possible, because they are empty calories that often go unnoticed and can cause you to gain weight.
- The last tip is to eat less food, but to eat more often. Eating 4 to 7 times a day, instead of 3, helps in losing fat more quickly. It helps keep you full, which removes the cravings and urges to snack. You should make sure that your small snacks throughout the day are healthy, like carrots or nuts.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.